We are always looking for new talent to join our team, whether you have a wealth of experience and are looking to join our independent practice or you are a new graduate, looking to step into your new career, then speak to Nadine at Pype Hayes veterinary Centre to discuss how we can support you in your career.
We have an opportunity in our independent practice in the leafy West Midlands, close to Sutton Coldfield. We are looking for a permanent full time Veterinary Surgeon and would welcome applications from new graduates.
Our vets usually work 2 days between 9am and 7pm with 2 afternoons free each week and one-half day. Saturdays are 2:5 at present but may lessen in the future. There are no on call duties associated with this role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Vet who is looking for a new challenge within an independent practice. The role offers a wide variety of cases daily along with support of a highly experienced team of Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses. All members of staff are offered the opportunity to work to their full potential and develop their clinical skill set medically and surgically.
- Full-time hours
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone completing a certificate or looking to further develop their skills.
- Great work / life balance with 2 free afternoons and half day off each week
- No on call work
- 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous CPD allowance
- Excellent salary and package.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provision of excellent standard of care to both pets and clients whilst promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services
- High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using our TELEOS system for patient records, prescriptions and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options and costs
- Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS
- Code of Professional Conduct
Our close-knit practice has been well established in the area for many years, we pride ourselves on our continued delivery of affordable quality care to our clients. Many of our staff have been with us for over 20 years and are an integral part of our business. We are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
Our practice has a designated head nursing team to allow you to concentrate on being a Vet.
No two days are the same the case load will vary from day to day. We have in house Lab/surgical/dental facilities within our practice and we also have digital dental, x-ray, ultrasonography, endoscopy and orthopaedic kits in practice.
Team and Culture
We are an encouraging practice who are happy to develop our team to their full potential and believe in supporting further learning for everyone. We hold regular vet meetings. There is always someone available at the end of a phone if you need them. As well the Veterinary Surgeons in place, our teams include, but are not limited to a head and deputy head nurse, RVNs/SVNs/VCA’s, receptionists and administration.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- Generous salary package
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Relocation packages
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Career progression opportunities
- Car Allowance
- Learning & self-development is actively encouraged
- Free flu jabs
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being
- Contributory pension scheme
This job would suit a RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. We would consider a new graduate. Patient welfare will be your first consideration and you will be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness.